September 22, 2022 – LOS ANGELES – Rogue Games, a publisher of innovative and stylish video games, announced that Arcanium: Rise of Akhan will officially leave early access and release September 22, 2022 on Steam for $24.99, and release on the Epic Games Store later this year. The ambitious open-world, single-player strategy card adventure that merges “Roguelike” and “Deck Building” has since released a slew of updates leaving BETA including three new heroes, new final bosses, a new enemy type, and a brand new Arena gameplay mode.
Arcanium is a single-player Roguelike Strategy Deck Builder and Card Battler set in a visually striking fantasy world of anthropomorphic animals, where good, evil, magic and technology collide. Players will be compelled to form a party of three adventurers and embark on a dangerous journey to defeat Akhan the Calamity, and save Arzu from destruction. Become immersed in an epic story filled with captivating lore and characters, each with their own set of abilities, equipment and upgrades, allowing players to connect with each of the heroes in a different way.
Arcanium Key Features:
- Open-world & Hero progression – Explore a vast continent broken down into several Provinces, each with a unique feel and a different set of challenges. Playing Heroes will level them up between runs and progressively unlock their full sets of ability cards.
- Non-linear & procedural acts – Players are in total control of their own journey. Roam freely inside full-3D procedural maps, but keep an eye on the Threat meter… The longer players stay in a province, the harder the enemies get.
- Unique turn-based combat system – Players must choose their abilities wisely during every turn, coordinating all three heroes in their team. The innovative combat system is easy to learn while offering tremendous strategic depth.
- Arena mode & boss battles – Players can defeat challenging unique bosses in the deadly Arena, including facing off against corrupted versions of Arzu’s famous Heroes.
- Many Heroes to unlock – Unique Heroes with varying mechanics and themes will keep players brainstorming for new compositions and combinations. Each Hero has a unique starting deck of Ability cards that fits one of 6 classes.
- RPG-like looting system – Find powerful Artifacts, gain new Ability cards, learn cross-character abilities, and discover consumable items throughout the journey. Players can edit their Heroes’ Ability decks and Equipment rosters at any time outside of combat.