Updated: June 19, 2018
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND DOD MEDIA GROUP LLC, AND BY USING THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. You should review this Policy in conjunction with our Terms of Service available here: https://www.dodmediagroup.com/tos, and any other agreement provided by us that governs your use of the Websites and Services. You should not use the Websites and/or Services if you do not agree with this Policy, our Terms of Service and any other agreement that governs your use of the Websites and/or Services. Terms not otherwise defined herein shall the same meaning as any definition set forth in the Terms of Service.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), DOD Media Group LLC is the data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use the information held. We are a Delaware limited liability company registered in the United States with an office at 24008 Schoenborn St, West Hills, CA 91304 USA.
Table of Contents
- The Scope of This Policy and the Covered Websites
- The Types of Information We May Collect
- How We Use The Information We Collect
- When and How We Share/Disclose Your Information With Third Parties
- How Do We Keep Your Information Secure
- Your Choices Concerning The Use of Your Information
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
- How Do You Access and Update Your Information
- How to Delete Your Account and What Happens When Your Account is Terminated or Deleted
- Our Policy Concerning Children
- Modifications To This Policy
- International Operations. A Note To Users Outside Of The U.S.
- EU Safe Harbor
- Your California Privacy Rights
- What If You Have Questions About Your Privacy
Scope of This Policy and the Covered Sites
This Policy is applicable worldwide and applies to all of our Websites and Services where we provide a link to this Policy, including Services available on Third Party Platforms, unless otherwise stated or unless we provide a link to a different policy. All Websites and Services that are governed by this Policy will contain a prominent link to this Policy on or near the homepage of the Website (or through a pop-up window on any mobile and/or other Internet connected devices (“Wireless Devices”) where possible.
This Policy applies only to information that we collect online through use of the Websites or Services. It does not apply to information that we may collect through other means.
The Websites and/or Services may contain links to other websites that are owned or operated by third parties (referred to in our Terms of Service as “Linked Sites”). When you click on any link for a Linked Site and/or visit a Linked Site’s website, you should be aware that you are leaving a DOD Media Group Website, and this Policy does not apply to any such Linked Sites. Additionally, if you use our Services on or through a Third Party Platform, including via any Wireless Devices, your privacy will also be subject to the privacy policies and terms of service of the Third Party Platform. We do not control and are not responsible for the terms of service, privacy policies and/or practices of any Linked Sites or any Third Party Platform you may use to access the Websites and/or Services, and you should review the policies and agreements of such Linked Sites and/or Third Party Platforms carefully.
Our Policy Concerning Children
The Websites and Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from such children. Children under the age of 13 should not use or attempt to use our Websites or Services, and if you are under 13, please do not attempt to use our Website or Services or send any information about yourself to DOD Media Group.
In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to erase such information from our records. Parents who believe that DOD Media Group might have any information from or about a child under 13, may submit a request to email@example.com and request that the information be removed.
The Type of Information We May Collect
DOD Media Group may collect different information from or about you depending upon the manner in which you use the Websites or Services. The following examples are provided to help you better understand the information we may collect through your use of and/or interaction with the Websites and/or Services:
Information Received Through Your Third Party Platform Account
- When you use or connect to a DOD Media Group Website or Service on or through a Third Party Platform, such as Facebook or other social networking site, (including using a Third Party Platform account to sign into a DOD Media Group Website or Service), you allow us to access and/or collect certain information from your Third Party Platform profile/account (such as your Facebook account) as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy settings with the Third Party Platform. The information you allow us to access and collect varies depending on the DOD Media Group Service you use as well as the terms of the Third Party Platform and your privacy setting thereon. By way of example only, DOD Media Group may access and/or collect some or all of the following information from your Third Party Platform account when you use or connect to a DOD Media Group Website or Service on or through a Third Party Platform:
- your full name as provided to the Third Party Platform
- your profile picture or its URL
- your user ID number, which is linked to publicly available information such as name and profile photo
- the user ID numbers for your friends that are also connected to our game(s)
- the login e-mail you provided to the Third Party Platform when you registered
- your physical location and that of your access devices, including any Wireless Device
- your gender
- your birthday
- groups you have joined on the Third Party Platform
- your posts and the posts of your friends
(collectively “Third Party Platform Information”).
- When you use a DOD Media Group Service (either through a Third Party Platform or directly on a DOD Media Group Website) we may assign you a unique identifying number (“ID number”) which is not publicly displayed to other DOD Media Group users. Additionally, you may be able to select a user name and/or in-game character name (collectively, “User Name”). Please note, your User Name will be publicly viewable by others who have access to the Websites and/or Services, and, in some instances, may be viewable to others outside of DOD Media Group through Internet searches and/or indexing. We recommend you do not use your real name or other information that may be used to personally identify you as part of your User Name as this information may be used to make unwanted contact with you by third parties. We are not responsible for your User Name and/or the manner in which is may be used by third parties.
Information Received Through Your Wireless Device: Push Notifications
- If you use a DOD Media Group Service on or through a Wireless Device, we may, in accordance with the terms of any applicable agreement with the Wireless Device carrier (and as allowed by your privacy settings) collect certain information such as your unique device identifier (a number automatically assigned to your mobile or wireless device), device type, and information you choose to provide or share, such as e-mail address (collectively “Mobile Information”).
- We may send push notifications to your mobile device to provide game updates and other relevant messages. You can manage push notifications from the “options” or “settings” page within the mobile application. You also may be able to manage them from your device’s settings page for the mobile application.
- We do not ask you for, access or track any precise location based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Apps.
Information You Provide To Us Directly
- When you use any of the Websites or Services (including through a Third Party Platform) we will collect any information you provide to us directly such as the following:
- Registration Information: In order to use certain features of the Websites or Services, you may be required to register for an account, and in that case, we will collect and store any registration information you share with us such as, without limitation, your date of birth, age, e-mail address, password and other information that helps us confirm your access to your account and understand more about who you are (“Registration Information”).
- Profile Information: For some Websites or Services, you may also have the option of providing additional information about yourself to create a user profile (“Profile”) that will be publically viewable by others. We will collect the information you share with us in creating your Profile such as your, first and last name, user name, date of birth and gender, You should exercise care and caution in creating your Profile as your Profile, including your Profile Information, will be publicly viewable to others and may in some instances be index by search engines and viewable outside of the Websites and/or Services. Your Profile and/or Profile Information may be used by third parties to make contact with you in unwanted ways, and DOD Media Group is not responsible for information you supply in your Profile and/or the manner in which it is used by others
- Keep in mind that your Public Posting will be visible to anyone who has access to the Websites or Services and may in some instances be viewable outside of DOD Media Group as such Public Postings may, in certain instances, show up in Internet searches and/or be indexed by search engines. Using certain tools, it may be possible for you or third parties to copy, cut, and/or post your Public Posting or other information to different locations (including to websites not owned/operated by DOD Media Group). This may result in the disclosure of private information on third party websites—for which DOD Media Group is not responsible—and, in some cases, may subject you to liability for information posted by or about you. Therefore, you should exercise caution in all Public Postings, and we recommend you do not provide personal information that may be used to identify and/or contact you in a Public Posting. To request removal of your personal information from our public forums, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- On some Websites and Services, your User Name as well as your Profile Information may be displayed in conjunction with your Public Posting. Thus, those accessing this information may be able to identify you, using other available source of information, such as your related Third Party Platform account or information on other websites.
- Payment Information: If you purchase any products or services through our Websites or Services, such as in game virtual currency or goods, we may collect certain information regarding your purchase (such as your name, zip code, purchase) as necessary to process your order, and you will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, such as but not limited to your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. We do not directly access, store or collect your credit card information, and we will not use your payment information we collect except as needed to fulfill your purchase and/or communicate with you regarding your transaction.
- Friend’s Contact Information: If you wish to use our service to tell a friend about the Websites or Services via email or text message, we may ask for your friend’s name, e-mail address, phone number and other information, (all of which we will collect and store), and we will automatically send your friend an e-mail, and one reminder, inviting him or her to use our Websites or Services. DOD Media Group may use and store such information for several purposes including, sending e-mails to your friend and tracking the success of our referral program.
- Your friend may unsubscribe from such messages by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the communication. If your friend would like to request that we no longer use or store this information they may contact us at email@example.com.
- Communications, Support Requests, Potential Abuse: If you contact us for assistance or to report a problem, concern, potential abuse or other issue regarding the Websites, Services or a user, we may collect and store your contact information, communication, and/or other information about you, including but not limited to your name, e-mail address, User Name, ID number, location, game play or activity, and we reserve the right to conduct further research and obtain further information as necessary. We will use the information to respond to you, research your request/communication, and in accordance with provisions of this Policy
Technical & Usage Information We Collect Through Automated Means
- When you access the Websites or Services, including playing any of our games, our servers automatically record, and we automatically collect, certain information by automated means. This information may include without limitation: (a) technical information about your computer or Wireless Device, such as your IP address, operating system type, device ID, browser, domain and other systems information as further explained in this Policy; and (b) usage statistics about your interaction with the Websites and/or Services, including games accessed, game score, pages visited, use of Site Items and Virtual Currency as defined in the Terms of Service (http://www.dodmediagroup.com/tos), information about your game play and interaction with other users, portions of the Websites or Services used/visited, and other information regarding your use of the Websites and Services.
We may also employ web beacons or other technology for a variety of reasons such as allowing us to know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened and tracking pixels, which allow us to advertise more efficiently by excluding our current users from certain promotional messages or identifying the source of a new installation.
1. Session Cookies
We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you and process your purchases of virtual goods. These we deem strictly necessary to the working of the Websites and Services. If these are disabled, then various functionalities on the Websites and Services will be broken. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html.
- has_logged_in_DOD Media Group
- DOD Media Group_logged_in
- DOD Media GroupId
2. Analytics Cookies
Google Analytics – we use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve user experience. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
New Relic – this service helps us understand the speed and technical performance of our site so we can monitor and improve it. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about what New Relic do on their site at http://newrelic.com/
Quantcast – this captures information on site traffic and usage so that we can publish this information on the Quantcast site for anyone to see. User data is all anonymous. You can see Econsultancy’s site traffic profile on Quantcast at http://www.quantcast.com/econsultancy.com
Flurry Analytics – this service helps us understand the speed and technical performance of our apps so we can monitor and improve it. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about what Flurry Analytics do on their site at https://developer.yahoo.com/analytics/
3. Marketing Cookies
DOD Media Group uses the following cookies to track the performance of our marketing campaigns.
How We Use The Information We Collect
DOD Media Group may use the information we collect through your use of the Websites and Services for a variety of purposes, primarily related to providing and improving the quality of our Websites and Services. For example, we may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- Providing, administering, and facilitating your use of the Websites and Services, including the display of customized content and/or targeted advertising;
- Marketing our products and/or services to you, including sending you offers, promotions information, newsletters, e-mail campaigns, and communications regarding new, improved or existing products, contests and/or sweepstakes;
- Resolving site problems; handling or responding to customer support questions and issues;
- Processing or fulfilling your request(s) and/or order(s) for games, products, services, information or features, such as Site Items and Virtual Currency;
- Enabling user-to-user communication and interaction and soliciting input and feedback to improve user experience;
- Managing your account preferences, establishing your Profile and Registration Information;
- Connecting you with your friends and/or contacts that are using the Websites and/or Services;
- Monitoring the technical functioning of the Websites, Services, and network;
- Developing new and/or improved games, products, services or offerings;
- Providing you with news and newsletters;
- To create, review, analyze and share Aggregate Information;
- Identifying, researching, and protecting against any actual, potential or threatened misuse, unauthorized use, or unwanted use of any of the Websites or Services, including but not limited to researching any claims made by or about others users and/or about the Websites and/or Services, and such efforts of which may include information provided from third-party sources;
- Third party hosting of the Websites and/or Services;
- Analyzing trends and user traffic;
- Marketing, processing or fulfillment of Promotions administered or sponsored by DOD Media Group;
- Resolving disputes;
- Trouble-shooting errors or issues with any of the Websites and/or Services;
- Tracking purchases and usage information;
- Communicating with you concerning your Account;
- Asking you to participate in surveys about products and services; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Websites and Services.
When And How We May Share/Disclose Your Information With Third Parties
We may disclose aggregated information about our end users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We will only share your identifiable information (including personal information) with the following third parties or under the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- Safety, Security, Cooperation With Law Enforcement, & Compliance With Legal Obligations We may disclose your information to third parties, including your personal information, if we, in our sole discretion, have a good faith belief that disclosure is: (1) permitted or required by law; (2) requested in connection with or relevant to a judicial, governmental or legal inquiry, investigation, order, or proceeding; (3) required or reasonably necessary pursuant to a valid subpoena, warrant or other legally valid inquiry or request; (4) reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, this Policy, or any other legal agreements; (5) required to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule/regulation), and/or security or technical issues; or (6) required or reasonably necessary to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of DOD Media Group, our users, employees, any minors, members of the public and/or our Websites and Services. We may also disclose information about you to our auditors or legal advisors in conjunction with accessing our disclosure obligations and/or rights under this Policy.
- Third Party Service Providers, Contractors or Agents We may share your information with third party companies that perform services on our behalf, including payment processing, order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing services, e-mail campaigns, hosting services, and customer service. While providing the services for us, these companies may access your personal information, and are required to use it solely as directed by us for the purpose of our requested service.
- Business Transfers, Sales or Mergers or Divestitures. In the event that DOD Media Group undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or a portion of its assets, including in connection with the sale or other transfer of a game, we may share, disclose or transfer all of your information, including personal information, to the successor organization in such transition.
4.Business Partners. In conjunction with the development and running of our games and in connection with the offering of other games we may partner with third party developers and/or licensors to assist us in providing you with our services. We will share the information you provide us through your social network such as (1) your first and last name, (2) your profile picture or its URL, (3) your user identification number of the pertinent social network, which is linked to publicly available information such as name and profile picture (4) the login email you provided to the pertinent social network upon registration; and (5) game play information with these third parties, all so they may, among other things, facilitate the use of our service as well as contact you about other games and products they offer which may be of interest to you, provide you with service notifications and to solicit your feedback and input. If you do not wish to have this information shared please do not use our services. If you wish to no longer have your personal information used by our partners you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will facilitate your request to the partner.
- Promotions We may share your information in connection with any Promotion you enter on or through the Websites, as necessary to administer, market, sponsor, or fulfill the Promotion or as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations (for example, to provide winners’ lists or make required filings as appropriate) or in accordance with the applicable Official Rules of the Promotion/Sweepstakes you enter.
- Advertising of Third Party Products/Services. We may use and share with third party advertisers (and other third parties) certain Technical Information and/or Aggregate Information to show general demographic and preference information among DOD Media Group users. We may also allow advertisers to collect Technical Information or Aggregate Information, which they may share with us, through the use of tracking technologies like cookies and web beacons. The information collected may be used to offer you targeted ad-selection and delivery in order to personalize your user experience by increasing the likelihood that advertisements for products and services you see will appeal to you, a practice known as behavioral advertising, and to undertake web analytics (i.e. to analyze traffic and other end user activity to improve your experience). To learn more about behavioral advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising for participating ad networks, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative website http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp If you are located in the European Union and would like to opt-out, please visit, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- Offer Walls: DOD Media Group games or their purchase pages may display an “offer wall” that may be hosted by a third party offer wall provider. The offer wall allows third party advertisers to provide virtual currency to users in exchange for interacting with an advertisement or for completing a marketing offer that may include signing up for an account with one of those advertisers. These offers are not controlled by or made by DOD Media Group. These offers may be displayed to you based on certain technical information, such as your geographic area or anonymous demographic information. After clicking on one of these advertisements, you will no longer be on a site hosted by DOD Media Group or a partnering Third Party Platform. To properly credit user accounts and to prevent fraud, a unique identifier will be shared with the offer wall provider. This identifier is used to ensure proper crediting of your account, prevent fraud or duplicate offers and to resolve any customer service inquiries that may arise. Once you complete an offer, you may then be returned to a DOD Media Group Website or Service.
How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
DOD Media Group takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, sensitive data that you share and we collect and store. These security measures may include practices such as keeping your sensitive data on a secured server behind a firewall, transmitting sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on our site or mobile application using secure socket layer technology (SSL), internal reviews of our data collection practices and platforms, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your information. Unfortunately, however, no security system can be 100% secured, and we cannot guarantee that communications between you and DOD Media Group, the Websites or Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the information we collect through the Websites or Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Your password is an important component of our security system. As such, it is your responsibility to protect it. Do not share your password with any third parties. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should change it immediately and follow the notification procedures set forth in Section 6 of our Terms of Service (http://www.dodmediagroup.com/tos).
Your Choices Regarding The Use of Your Information
As discussed, you can always choose not to provide certain information to us but you may not be able to use certain features of the Websites or Services. If you do not wish to receive Promotional Communications from us, you can opt-out by: (i) following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the Promotional Communication you receive; or (ii) managing your e-mail preferences by signing into your account on the http://www.dodmediagroup.com/ site, clicking on the Settings link in the site header, navigating to the Preferences tab, and unchecking the email lists you no longer wish to subscribe to.
How To Access & Update Your Information
You may access and update your information that DOD Media Group collects and maintains in the following ways:
1. Information We Receive From a Third Party Platform Or Wireless Device.
2. Information We Receive Directly From You.
You may update the information you provide directly to DOD Media Group by logging into your Account on the relevant DOD Media Group Website you are using and updating your Account information.
3. Right of Access To Your Information
You may also submit any requests for access to your personal data to email@example.com or in writing to Attn: Privacy DOD Media Group LLC, 24008 Schoenborn St, West Hills, CA 91304 USA. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Modifications To This Policy
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new features, and DOD Media Group reserves the right to modify and/or make changes to this Policy at any time. If we make any material change we will notify you prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account) or by posting a notice on the site. Other modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
If you continue to access and/or use the Websites or Materials, including any of the Services available through any Third Party Platform, after the effective date of any change, then such access and/or use will be deemed an acceptance of and an agreement to follow and be bound by the Policy as changed. The revised Policy supersedes all previous privacy policies. For this reason, we encourage you to review this Policy any time you access or use the Websites or Materials, and recommend that you print out a copy for your records. Upon our request, you agree to accept or sign a non-electronic version of this Policy and any other policies or agreements set forth or available on or through the Websites or any Third Party Platform.
International Operations: A Note To Users Outside Of The U.S. and the EU
DOD Media Group stores information about site visitors and players on servers primarily located in the United States, and DOD Media Group may also store such information on servers and equipment in other countries. If you are accessing the Websites or Services from outside the United States and the European Union, please know the data and personal information you submit will be transferred to and stored in servers in the United States or other countries. The data protection and other laws of the United States and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our Websites or Services, you consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of your data in and to the United States.
U.S. Dept. of Commerce Safe Harbor Program
DOD Media Group complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. DOD Media Group has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view DOD Media Group’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company(ies) to whom DOD Media Group may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” as the subject line and in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. Please also note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.
Your European Privacy Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise the right by contacting us directly.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to: (a) request access to any personal information we hold about you and related information, (b) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information, (c) request that your personal information is deleted provided the personal information is not required by us for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (d) prevent or restrict processing of your personal information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (e) request transfer of your personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at email@example.com or write to us at DOD Media Group LLC, 24008 Schoenborn St, West Hills, CA 91304 USA.
How Long We Store Your Personal Information