Recently announced via NETFLIX GEEKED, Rogue Games brings the award-winning open-world, card adventure game, Arcanium: Rise of Akhan to Netflix. This ambitious single-player title blends the best of popular roguelike and deckbuilding genres into one package. Players will trek across a fully 3D procedural map where they make strategic choices that alter the experience in various ways. Hostile environments, evolving tiles, and dangerous creatures await them in this anthropomorphic turn-based battle epic.
“We’re thrilled to bring this best-in-class open-world strategy adventure card game to Netflix subscribers,” said Rogue’s chief strategy officer, Chris Archer. “Arcanium delivers hours of incredible roguelike deckbuilding gameplay with stunning visuals and controls tailored for touch screens.”
The addition of Arcanium: Rise of Akhan to Netflix marks Rogue’s third release on the platform with previous games Card Blast and Wonderputt Forever launching with the service late last year. Arcanium: Rise of Akhan is downloadable within the Netflix app with no ads and no in-app purchases and included with Netflix membership. Learn more about the game below:
- Open-world & Hero progression – Explore a vast continent broken down into several Provinces each with a unique feel and a different set of challenges. Playing Heroes will level them up between Runs and progressively unlock their full sets of ability cards.
- Non-linear & procedural acts – Players are in total control of their own Journey. Roam freely inside full-3D procedural maps, but keep an eye on the Threat meter… The longer players stay in a Province, the harder the enemies get.
- Unique turn-based combat system – Players must choose their abilities wisely during every turn, coordinating all three heroes in their team. The innovative combat system is easy to learn while offering tremendous strategic depth.
- Many heroes to unlock – Unique heroes with varying mechanics and themes will keep players brainstorming for new compositions and combinations. Each has a unique starting deck of Ability cards that fits one of 6 classes.
- RPG-like looting system – Find powerful Artifacts, gain new Ability cards, learn cross-character Abilities, and discover consumable items throughout the journey. Players can edit their Heroes’ Ability decks and Equipment rosters at any time outside of combat.